Saturday, May 5

The Week-Cap - May Flowers

I never thought I could celebrate one birthday for so long. It's been a nearly 3 week affair, and at this point, I'm feeling pretty spoiled. I could not be more appreciative of all the love I've been given and shown, but I think it's time to move into May and forget about the fact that next year I'll be turning 30. I don't even want to know what kind of celebration that will be!
  • Monday- My final 'birthday' dinner took place at none other than Benihana. Have I mentioned I love this place? If you sign up for their email newsletter and endure one message a month about their latest menu items, you will get a $30.00 gift certificate to use during your birthday month. The only catch is that you can only use it Mon-Thurs. I think that's a pretty amazing deal, considering it would definitely pay for more than one meal. Lots of restaurants have deals like this, so be sure to check them out. It's almost worth making a separate email address for. 
  • Tuesday- And finally a meal at home. After eating out 4 nights straight, my body was a bit wiggy and so happy to get back to home cooked food. I went all out and made Grilled Halibut, Coconut Rice and Mango Salsa...amazing!
  • Wednesday- I posted the recipe for a twist on a classic cocktail that is refreshing and perfect for the warmer months. My Lavender Tom Collins is light and has a subtle floral flavor that I absolutely adore. Plus it has gin. Need I say more?
  • Thursday- I decided I might try a new type of blog post called What's in your Fridge Friday? Considering I had one of just about every vegetable in my crisper, I figured I ought to try and make something out of them. What came out was an amazing meal that I wouldn't have made otherwise. So keep your eye out next week for the post.
  • Friday- Oh yes, Friday once again. That meal I made Tuesday, the one with the Coconut Rice and Mango Salsa? Well I posted it just in time for a new take on salsa for Cinco de Mayo, or a new take on a thai inspired dish. You decide. Me and my new Spring Hair are going shopping.









No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis