Saturday, May 26

The Week-Cap - It's Back

Here's the deal, I've missed two Week-Cap's in a row. Unacceptable. I could give you my list of excuses...there were Laker games, American Idol finales and house hunting (more on that in the next few weeks). I could tell you I was sick. Which I was. I could also tell you I had finals in my online class. But none of that tells you about what I've been eating or cooking or making for two whole weeks! Booooo!
So here we go.
View from WP24
  • Monday - In the above paragraph I mentioned the Lakers. I will from here on out ignore the fact that they lost miserably on this evening and choose to remember that we got to go to not one, but two of the games. With that said, it was a sad night in our house with both of us being sick and watching our team go away for the summer. Tear. The good news is, I made an amazing cheese and salami board, which I think I'll do a post on. Win.
  • Tuesday - How can I say this? American. Idol. Finale. In person. At the Nokia theater L.A. Live. One of the funnest things I've ever been to! This was followed by a nearly 6 hour stay at one of the best restaurants in Los Angeles, WP24. There was dumplings, there was noodles, there was prawns and there was cocktails. There was one of the best steaks I've ever tried. Followed by Chinese Donuts. Ridiculous. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are ever in Downtown L.A.
  • Wednesday - Sicker than sick, exhausted and buzzing. My couch with a bowl of whole wheat pasta. And Phillip Phillips. Yes.
  • Thursday - Feeling so much better! We took a trip to one of our local hangouts, SideDoor for some beer tasting and food. I had probably one of the best beers I've ever tried, the crisp and cool  Einstök Icelandic White Ale. I haven't looked for it in stores yet, but if you can find it, try it! 
  • Friday - Yummy Grilled Halibut and Vegetables for dinner at Rock 'N Fish. It was also National Wine Day and if you didn't get a chance, check out some of my favorite wine picks right here. Happy Memorial Day Weekend! I hope you have the chance to eat some great BBQ and be with people you love. Comment below and tell me what you ate this weekend! 
Tiny Dumplings at WP24

And finally, shout out to some dear friends who just brought a sweet baby girl into the world this week! Hooray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis