Saturday, April 7

The Week-Cap - Happy Easter!

This week has been crazy! Being on vacation from work has kept me busier than normal and I'm enjoying every minute of it. And this weekend is Easter, which means family time, spiral Ham and cocktails. I'm not sure how all of those things will fit together yet.
  • Monday - My first day off...ahhhh. I started getting ready for the holiday weekend by posting the recipe for Lavender Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. These muffins are soooo good. They are just the right amount of sweet and tart in a small little moist package. And they are quite beautiful too, since they are covered with beautiful flower buds. These muffins are absolutely perfect for Easter Brunch. I should know, I ate like 8 of them.
  • Tuesday - Shopping! During the day! In the middle of the week! I always forget how empty and quite relaxing the mall is during the work week. It's so nice not to fight any crowds and be able to see everything you want to. I followed my short shopping jaunt with a huge plate of the best Mac 'n Cheese I've made in a while. I plan on posting that recipe next week.
  • Wednesday - Oh the dreaded Department of Motor Vehicles. I was not looking forward to spending my afternoon there to renew my license. Good news: I didn't have to! I was in and out in 20 minutes, which if you live in CA, you know that's a bit of a miracle. Dinner was 'Skinnylicious Enchiladas' at The Cheesecake Factory. I've since been banned from every saying the word skinnylicious again. 
  • Thursday - I had the pleasure of helping my husband as he worked a dinner party for a VIP client. It was so fun to be a part of all of the set up, take down and everything in between. Not to mention, we got an amazing meal at the end of the night of teriyaki beef and the famous garlic noodles from a restaurant called AnQi. Absolutely incredible! I will spend my life trying to recreate them fully knowing that I probably never will. 
  • Friday - Errands, errands, errands. Plus I posted a delicious recipe for Blackened Swordfish, a flavor filled meal that we enjoyed not one, but two nights this week! You should definitely give making your own spice blend a try and then make it into a meal. Do it this weekend when you're family comes over for the holiday. They will love it and so will you! 
 I hope this weekend finds you well. Have a very fun and Happy Easter!
P.S. Happy Birthday to my beautiful niece, Grace, who turns 7 years old today! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis