Saturday, September 8

Red Velvet S'more Brownies


Let me explain myself.  I did not make this recipe up. Well I did, or at least I thought I did until I googled the words "S'mores Brownies". Turns out putting a graham cracker crust and charred marshmallows on brownies is a pretty popular thing to do. This, however, does not lessen the fact that these incredibly gooey, and over the top sweet treats are a must try.

You've heard me talk about Red Velvet and my love for it before, but let me tell you, the marshmallows and graham only make it better. So grab a glass of milk and a another glass of milk, cuz you'll need to drink both for this one, and get baking.

Red Velvet S'mores Brownies
From How Sweet It Is

For the brownie recipe, click here.

Graham Cracker Crust
1 package graham crackers (about 9 crackers), processed into crumbs
6 T unsalted butter, melted

Topping
1 C marshmallow fluff (or enough to cover the top of the brownies)
about 1/2 bag mini or jumbo marshmallows

Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs and press into the bottom of an 8x8 dish or pan that has been greased on the sides.

Make the brownie batter from the recipe link above. Pour the batter over the graham cracker crust, being careful not to spread the crumbs too much.

Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on your oven, my brownies are pretty thick and tend to take longer. They are done when a toothpick comes out clean.

Once baked, remove from the oven and top with the marshmallow fluff and marshmallows. Place under a preheated broiler to create that campfire crunch. I like mine pretty dark, but you can choose to take them out sooner if you'd like. You could also use a mini torch instead to control exactly where the browning shows up.

Let the brownies cool for about an hour or two before cutting (if you can wait that long). They are VERY gooey, so either wet or spray a knife with cooking spray to help slice through them.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis