Monday, September 3

Get this....

My New Favorite




Cutting Board! 

I've never really liked wood cutting boards since you cannot easily sanitize them in the dishwasher and they often show wear quickly. For the past few years I've been using a standard white plastic boring same ole, same ole board that would stain whenever I cut carrots or red peppers and showed every mark of the knife. 

Until now! A few weekends ago, while shopping at Sur La Table, my wonderful husband found what is now my ALL time favorite cutting board and....bonus....it's only $19.99! and.....bonus #2.....it's good for the environment!

It's called the Architec Eco Smart Poly Flax Cutting Board and is actually made using the husk of the flax seed. As the label says, it's like having nature in your cutting board! It's made in a zero waste facility and is 100% recyclable. Plus, it is dishwasher safe, made in the U.S.A. and free of any harmful chemicals often found in other plastic materials...which means you won't be getting any hidden radicals rubbing off onto your chopped onions. I really love the way this board looks in my kitchen and I have yet to see any stains or knife marks. Yay!

Sur La Table had three colors to choose from, a rusty red, a very spinachy green and the color I chose, brown, which looked most like a flax seed to me :).

As I said, I got mine at Sur La Table, but I also found them on Amazon right here. I highly recommend you check this board out for you or even as a super great gift for someone who loves to chop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis