Saturday, March 10

The Week-Cap - Springing Forward

Ooooh I LOVE this time of year, when I get to set the clocks forward and enjoy a little bit more sunshine in my day. Spring is almost here and this week brought the hint of flip flops and flowers right around the corner.

"Blue my Mind" pedicure

  • Monday - We started the week off right with a great recipe for Blueberry Buttermilk Waffles. You should make these. They are crispy, chewy and oh so satisfying on a Sunday morning. And if you don't like blueberries, use any other cut up fruit, or just leave them out all together!
  • Tuesday - Remember when I said sushi can not be properly prepared at home, so just take me to Benihana? Well someone actually did, for one of the best Happy Hours around! Seriously, 1/2 price on 5 or 6 of the most popular rolls, 1/2 price on 4 types of nigiri sushi and $2 Sake! That's just crazy talk. Get there, because it may not be the latest and greatest conveyer belt cafĂ©, but it's a classic and serves super fresh fish everytime. And who doesn't love a mini red bridge?
  • Wednesday - You don't even want to know about what I posted on Wednesday. My goodness, I mean come on, Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Pie??? It's everything you love on a spoon. Peanut Butter pudding is pretty much a revelation all by itself, but I'm telling you, the oreo-like chocolate wafers in the middle kill me. I am literally racking my brain for any and all things I can sandwich with chocolate wafers. Watch out.
  • Thursday - Yoga please save me from the pudding pie that I just devoured throughout this week. Because I'm about to make another one and my down dog is feeling a bit heavier in the middle. 
  • Friday - What better way to end the week and usher in the longer days ahead than with an evening trip to Disneyland. I have a mild obsession with this place...not a Mickey/character obsession, mind you. It's more of a serious Disney theme park addiction. What can I say? I love churros and rides and that Haunted Mansion song gets me every time. I ate shrimp and grits and garlic fries and loved every minute. If you can't get to Disneyland this weekend, make my Mahi Mahi Burritos. Ok, so those two things are not really related, but the yummy lime chipotle flavors of the burrito will definitely remind you of the warmer months to come, and those late summer nights out at any park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis