Saturday, March 17

The Week-Cap - Green, Green, Green

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Are you sick of everything being green yet? When I almost made green velvet cupcakes yesterday, I knew things had gone too far. I mean, why mess with a good thing, right?

So let's talk about the first week I got to finally enjoy longer sunny days.


  • Monday -  After a busy weekend celebrating my Dad's birthday with some delicious food and cocktails on the beach, it was time to clean out! My breakfast Monday consisted of a Raisin Apple Walnut Bar and some super sweet strawberries. The breakfast bar was the perfect way to start my week and I look forward to coming up with all new fruit/nut combinations to put inside.
  • Tuesday - I decided to get in on the Seasonal Potluck and make something for the March ingredient, artichokes. It just so happened that I had a bunch of kale waiting to be made into something delicious, and Kale Artichoke Dip was born. Let me tell you what, this dip is absolutely fantastic! It is thick, cheesy, warm and oozing with flavor. We enjoyed it with a bag of pita chips and some Kona Fire Rock Beer, while watching the Lakers...perfect!
  • Wednesday - A great friend and I got together for Wine Wednesday and some homemade chicken caesar salad goodness. If you have a Trader Joe's in your area, they offer free wine tasting every single day on select bottles in the store. It's a great way to try something new that is also super affordable. We settled on a nice, light Pinot Noir that was only $9.99 a bottle...score!
  • Thursday - Thank goodness for late afternoon sunlight! After work I got to take a jog with my sweet puppy by the water. Something we don't get to do much in the cold winter months. This was followed by a ridiculous new dinner that I made of Roasted Vegetable Kebabs, Jasmine Rice and Greek Salad...that recipe will be here soon and I promise it won't disappoint!
  • Friday - Another fantastic end to the week at one of my favorite local spots, the SideDoor. We had a wonderful time laughing with great friends and eating amazing food! I had an absolutely wonderful cocktail followed by a beautiful charcuterie plate, fish n chips and a mini ice cream sundae to top it off. Yeah, we went all out, but that's what Fridays are for :). And if you plan on having your friends over today for a St. Patrick's Day celebration, make sure you check out the fun alternative green cocktails I posted. Have fun! And eat one of these:



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis