Sunday, June 24

The Week-Cap - Summer Mode

After spending 6 days relaxing and vacationing, I've decided to tweak up the Week-Cap a little bit. I will continue to share things I've done, eaten and made throughout the last week, but I will start incorporating things that have inspired me, made me laugh, or made me think as well. I hope you like it!

  • Monday - Next time you are in Las Vegas, visit the Wynn hotel to enjoy one of the most beautiful outdoor areas on the strip. The Lake of Dreams is a giant lake surrounded by trees and a  mountain and is the centerpiece of the hotel. Go to the Parasol Down Bar, order a fantastic cocktail and watch the Lake light up every 30 minutes with a different light and music show. You might even get to see a frog sing 'Low Rider'. It happened. 
  • Tuesday - I ate one of the best desserts of my life at one of my very favorite restaurants in Vegas, Botero. The room is decked out in all white with black accents and centered with an original botero sculpture, called 'Seated Lady'. The food is outstanding and the S'more donuts were like perfect little clouds of marshmallow cream, cinnamon sugar and warm chocolate sauce. Literal perfection. 
  • Wednesday - Currently obsessed with this song. It makes me happy, it makes me sad, it makes me want to run really fast on the treadmill. Get Alex Clare's entire album for a strange, yet perfect blend of Ray LaMontagne style blues and Skrillex-like beats. 
  • Thursday - Lebron James won the NBA finals. I only cringed for a second. It's okay Lebron, everybody likes you again. 
  • Friday - I love Native Foods, a fast casual restaurant that serves all vegan/vegetarian dishes and makes you truly believe that you are eating crispy chicken even though there is no poultry anywhere to be found. I ate a delicious dinner there, attempting to 'clean out' from all of the Vegas food I'd been gorging on, and was reminded how great it is. Now I want to learn how to make 'chicken' wraps of my own.
  • Saturday - Home sweet home. There's nothing like waking up in your own bed after a long vacation. And making the best quesadilla I ever ate filled with guacamole, salsa and a boiled egg. I've missed my kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis